Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Make a Gardening Binder ....

Make a Gardening Binder...

One of my favorite things is gardening, Love It!! So over the last few years I have saved all those tags that came on each plant I have planted, because I plant ALOT and look for them for reference, blooming time and things I may need to know about each plant etc. I had quite the "tag pile" in a large envelope, not organized at all!
 
 So I wanted to make a binder to slide all the tags in so I can see both sides of each tags, but I also wanted to put pictures of my plants and gardens every year because I think it is soooOOooo fun to see how much they grow every year!
 
I bought the binder, binder pages, business card pages and tabs at Walmart...

 I made sections in my binder with perennials, annuals, bushes, trees, vines, bulbs & this spring I will be adding a veggie section after I plant them...I wrote on each tag the year they were planted and where, (for example for right front garden I wrote RF)
Tags that were larger I trimmed to fit all nicely together in the regular binder pages and  just taped them together and slid into the binder pages...
                                          
 
 I added pictures of my plants and gardens in various places of my binders with the year the garden was planted wrote on each picture so I can see where I planted everything and see how much they have grown in future years...

 A lot of nurseries will guarantee the plant for a year so I added a receipt pocket in the back, so if I do have a problem with a plant dying within a year I have the receipts organized and know exactly where to look =)

 To see the back of each tag you just flip to the backside of each page..
 I used some cheap scrapbook paper book I bought at Walmart for $5.oo it had letters in the book also so I glued them to the paper to personalize the decorative paper and slide in the binder covers and side...
This project was actually REALLY fun (no deep cleaning before hand or anything:) Just sat down at my kitchen table and got to work....I love flipping through the binder and now I have a spot for all future tags ( I plan on planting ALOT this summer...again...) and will add more pictures to it every year...I love seeing how much my plants grow...Can't wait for summer!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I get upset when I lose those tags...just like a little kid so this is a great idea. To provide more options, I also use sports card (hockey,baseball cards) plastic sheets which have bigger pockets than business card sheets. You can get them cheap on Amazon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get upset when I lose those tags...just like a little kid so this is a great idea. To provide more options, I also use sports card (hockey,baseball cards) plastic sheets which have bigger pockets than business card sheets. You can get them cheap on Amazon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete